Stove & Grill Guard Sensor
2GIG® Stove & Grill Guard Sensor | 2GIG-STVGRL1-345
Read about Stove & Grill Guard on Digital Trends
Alarm.com email notification setup
Nortek Security & Control is pleased to announce the availability of the new 2GIG Stove & Grill Guard sensor for 2GIG (GC2/GC3/Vario) panels.
The first of its kind to market in the security industry, the 2GIG Stove & Grill Guard provides effective awareness of burners that have been left on accidentally, whether after cleaning, cooking, or socializing. The user can also modify the time from once a burner has been turned on to when the notification will be sent. Notifications can be sent either smartphone or security panel alerts. As such, it gives families peace of mind when seniors are using a stove or grill because they are notified immediately of anything left on.
Slim and sleek (2.2” diameter, 0.21” thickness), the Stove & Grill Guard sensor attaches easily to most common stove or grill knobs. The product is water resistant for use both indoors and outdoors. With patent-pending highly sensitive alarm circuit technology, false negatives are minimized. Users will never have to experience the fear associated with leaving a burner on, or accidental knob turning that can lead to fires, gas leaks, and loss of propane.
The 2GIG Stove & Grill Guard requires the following:
- 2GIG Security & Automation panels:
- GC2: (Firmware version 126.96.36.199 or higher)
- GC3: (Firmware version 3.02 or higher)
- Vario: (Firmware version 5.57 or higher)
- Honeywell Vista Panels (15P, 20P, 50P, 10SE, 20SE tested)
The 2GIG Stove & Grill Guard will ship with a 1-year limited warranty.
- Notification to panel when knob on stove/grill is turned at least 20 degrees from the default “off” position.
- Remote e-mail/text notification (enabled through Alarm.com account)
- Water resistant: Weather sealed sensor disk adheres to grill surface, IP65 Rated.
- Includes multiple magnet sleeves to fit most grills.
- Dimensions: 2.2” diameter, 0.21” thickness
- Battery life: Up to 5 years
- Transmission Range: 100 ft open-air
- Transmission Frequency: 345 MHz
Q. What does the Stove & Grill Guard do?
A. It provides an alert/notification to your panel whenever a knob on a stove/grill is turned from the “off” position, so that someone could turn off the knob if it was unintentionally turned on or left on.
Q. How is the Stove & Grill Guard installed
A. The Stove & Grill Guard is installed underneath the knob of the stove/grill. Once the knob is removed from the position, a sleeve with a magnet is placed on the knob system, then a disc sensor is placed on the surface of the stove/grill. The knob is then placed back on the stem.
Q. Does the Stove & Grill Guard turn off the knob?
A. The Stove & Grill Guard is not a life-safety device, and it does not turn off the knob on its own. It is the user’s responsibility to turn off the knob manually if the knob is turned on unintentionally.
Q. Is the Stove & Grill Guard water-resistant?
A. Yes, it is water-resistant. However, it should not be submerged under water.
Q. Can I replace the batteries on the Stove & Grill Guard?
A. To make the product as slim as possible, and to make it water-resistant, batteries have been permanently embedded. To minimize the inconvenience, we have optimized battery life for up to 5 years of expectancy. We are exploring future options for the battery.
Q. What types of stoves/grills will the Stove & Grill Guard fit?
A. The Stove & Grill Guard will fit on the knobs of the majority of indoor stoves and outdoor grills. While it cannot be guaranteed to fit on every knob, checking for the following will increase the likelihood of a good fit:
- The diameter of the knob is 2 inches or greater
- The surface area underneath the knob (up to the radius of 1.25 inches from the knob stem) is clean and flat to allow the disc sensor to sit properly.
- The length of the knob stem is long enough to accommodate both the sleeve and the knob.
- The inner knob shaft that connects with the knob stem does not protrude beyond the base lip of the knob.
Please refer to the “Installation Instructions” for more details.
Q. Which panels work with the Stove & Grill Guard?
A. The Stove & Grill Guard has been tested to work with the GC2, GC3 and Vario panels. In addition, several Honeywell Vista panels have been tested to work with the Stove & Grill Guard.
Q. Can the Stove & Grill Guard provide a delayed notification on my mobile device?
A. Yes, if you have an alarm.com account associated with your panel, you can set a notification through the account settings. You can even customize the device name and the delay interval of the notification.
Model Number: 2GIG-STVGRL1-345
**all information subject to change**